Thursday, December 09, 2004

Check Mate

I was playing chess with Sarah last night. Even though I was teaching her how to play, she caught on pretty quickly. She beat me. She is now 2-0. I'm 0-2. She's much more smarter than I am. I am dumber than her. Duh. Well, I'm not a good chess player anyway. I'm just learning how to play myself. It takes me like 5 minutes to make a move, while she makes a move instantly. She kept pressuring me by counting down, "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2. . ." I had to move and then I made a bad move. One bad move and then the whole game starts to fall apart. She was killing my guys left and right. Although I have to say that sometimes, I did coach her on what moves to make. In the end game, my king was just moving around to avoid her 2 rooks which were chasing me. . .until her pawns became queened. Then, it was all over. This happened all because of one mistake and her constant pressures to make me make a move. I should have just resigned earlier.

One time we were playing checkers and she was winning too. Then, I pretended to throw a fit and overturned the board.

She was beating me in chinese checkers as well. I just left one of my pieces there so that she could not win. Ha ha! I figured out a way to prevent her from winning by leaving a piece there. This is a good way to prevent her from taking over the board if I can see that she's winning.

She may beat me at board games, but I rule when it comes to videogames.

2 comments:

p3lemonade said...

"Then, I pretended to throw a fit and overturned the board."

Yes, you pretended. You don't fool me David.

David Kim said...

I really did pretend to be mad when I lost. I did it just to be funny because I knew I was going to lose. Sarah thought that I did that on purpose at first, too. Really, I was having fun playing those games with my wife. Sometimes I like to act overly dramatic. That's all.