Wednesday, December 15, 2004

First Date

I remember my first date with Sarah. We went to Buca di Beppo, an Italian restaurant, near Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica. While we were eating dinner, these waiters kept putting something next to me because our table was near some sort of divider or boundary. Those waiters reached over me to put things on it so that I had to move out of the way a few times. Sarah noticed this and asked if I wanted to move. I said that it was okay and that I didn't have to move. Then, it looked like she wanted me to sit next to her. She made some hand movements and I thought that she wanted me to sit right next to her. At the time I was sitting across from her in a table for four. I thought to myself "Wow! She must really like me!" So, I got up from my seat, walked around the table, and began sitting right next to her. She asked, "What are you doing?" Apparently, she just wanted me to move one seat over to my left side. So, I went back to my side of the table and I sat next to the edge of the table instead of the divider. Later on, she was eating a salad we ordered. She said, "I like you." Or, that's what I thought she said. Then, I replied, "Oh, I really like you too." She said, "What? I said I liked this." She meant the salad. I was embarrassed again, but we both laughed. Apparently, the noise from the people talking at the restaurant interfered with what I was hearing. Maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear. Most likely, I just needed a lot of improvement in the dating area. Anyway, those two precious little mistakes really helped spark a romantic interest in my relationship with Sarah. It led to a lot of fun times. I will always cherish our first date.

No comments: