Sunday, August 21, 2005

Family Guy: Ipecac Vomiting

Sarah had food poisoning last week. She left work early because she was so sick. She felt like puking, but couldn't. She wanted me to buy her some Ipecac from Rite Aid nearby. They didn't sell any. Fortunately, she was able to puke a little bit and felt better after lots of rest.

I saw a clip of this Family Guy episode where they drink some Ipecac. I'm so glad that Sarah didn't have to take any of this stuff. Man, that stuff is some serious puke-inducing stuff as illustrated by this Family Guy video clip. Click on the title of this post to view it. Have some patience. It takes a couple minutes to load, but it's worth viewing. It made me crack up.


-Speaking of puking, this reminds me of my favorite vomiting memory. It was during senior year at UCSD. Some of the guys decided to on a Senior Class Trip. It was on a Saturday and we debated about where to go. We finally chose to go on a deep sea fishing trip. I packed up some food so we could eat on the fishing boat. When we first got on the boat, we were having fun, laughing and eating. Then after about half an hour, some of the guys started getting seasick. I felt fine for awhile. I think Chris was the first to puke. Then, Joseph. Then, Hui. Then, Seung. I was thinking to myself, "Boy, these guys are weak." I called them "Cowardly Landlubbers." While those guys kept going back and forth puking over the side of the fishing boat, I tried to reel in some fish. I started getting a little bit nauseated, but I tried to fight it. Then, when I was reeling in my fishing pole, some nasty seawater got in my mouth. That was the straw that broke me. I couldn't hold it in any longer and started hurling all my barf over the boat. Some of the other fishermen got mad because they couldn't catch any fish. All the fish were eating my chunks. My puke was orange because I ate a lot of bread and oranges earlier. Every few minutes, I kept blowing chunks over the boat. After I awhile, I had nothing in my stomach, but I kept hurling. It started hurting really bad, because all my stomach acid was coming out. Unfortunately, we couldn't go back to land, because it was an 8 hour tour. I felt like dying. Fortunately, none of us died. When we finally made it to shore, I kissed the ground and swore that I would never go on a boat again. Til this day, I still haven't gone on one. We were inexperienced fishermen. We didn't know that we'd get so seasick. We should have taken some anti-seasickness pills. We thought we were young and healthy so we thought nothing would happen to us. Boy, were we wrong. We invited some of the Senior girls to come, but lucky for them, they declined. Otherwise, they would have really hated us.

No comments: