Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Thanksgiving Day preparations

Now that Sarah and I are a married couple, we have to decide on whose parents' homes we are going to go to for the holidays. We were going to go to Sarah's parents' home during the day on Thanksgiving and then to my parents' home during the evening. We worked out a good plan where Sarah and I would host Thanksgiving dinner. My mom would cook the turkey and bring the side dishes. Sarah's mom would bring some dessert. Sarah and I will provide the drinks and entertainment. The entertainment will be watching the wedding video and looking at all our wedding pictures. Maybe it might sound boring to you, but I'm excited about it.

Last night we went to the "99 Cents Only" store in Monterey Park. That's my new favorite store. They have a lot of good stuff. Some are even name brand! I go to that store more than any other store now. I told Sarah that I would buy her all the stuff she wants there. She asked me to buy her the whole store. I said that that would cost more than 99 cents. Let me make some more money first. We went on a shopping spree for under $20. The last time I bought that much stuff for that price was back in the '80s. If I went to a regular market, I would only get about 2 bags worth of stuff. Here, we got 6 bags worth of stuff, plus a free Official 1984 Olympics Commemorative Guide Book!!!!!!!! It's so cool that I'm going to use that as our coffee table book.

Don't buy non-name brand bubble bath liquid though. I poured the whole bottle in and all it did was turn the bathwater blue. It's about 1% bubbles. That's a $1.07 waste. "Uno siete". I used to say that all the time when I was in Calexico.

After our shopping spree, we went to Max Foods to buy some Mayonnaise. A small little jar cost $2.50! I said I could have bought a bottle of mayonnaise, mustard, and a can of corn for that price at my new favorite store!

When we went home, Sarah and I cooked dinner together. She always makes me healthy foods. I'm happy and lucky

At home, we act like kids and it's fun. I'm always goofing around. I'm a 30 year old teenager, basically. I haven't grown up at all. I'm like Peter Pan.

Last week, we were walking at a nearby park at night. We saw this older asian man walking by on the otherside. Since Monterey Park is full of Chinese people, Sarah told me in Korean, "You better exercise a lot so that you don't get a potbelly like that man." However, the man evidently was Korean, because he started giving us angry looks. Then, Sarah was embarrassed and we walked away really quickly.

We started playing in the playground. I chased her around the play area and we ran up and down the slides.

Then, I gave her a biggyback ride around the baseball field. I started running with her on top of me. I felt like a horse in a racetrack, a real out-of-shape horse. I thought it would be fun to have these types of races at a church event. The guys would have to run carrying their wives piggyback style around the baseball field. It's tough, but it's a good workout.

Then at home, we played Blackjack. I taught her how to play. She beat me most of the time. It's beginner's luck. Unfortunately, that's the only card game we know how to play.

We need to get some fun board games. We want to invite our friends over and play scrabble or charades or something. If we throw a housewarming party, are you guys going to come over? Well, let me know. Does anybody read my blogs besides freepcreep? I don't even know who he is. I want people that I know reading my blogs. If you read my blogs, please post some comments so that I know who my audience is. Otherwise it feels like I'm writing to myself.

It's time to go Christmas shopping. I hate Christmas shopping because of the crowds, long lines, and having to fight for parking spaces. I'm really not looking forward to going to the mall this weekend. :*(

Shouldn't Jesus be throwing a fit because of how we commercialized his birthday? I can just imagine Jesus throwing and breaking things at the mall because we are making a business out of his birthday like how he went into a rampage at the temple because of those merchants.





2 comments:

p3lemonade said...

David, now I am really worried about you. Why are you bringing Jesus into this? Just because he had a "rampage" in the temple, do you think you are justified in having one at church?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wife.

Rhea Korea said...

hey!
i totally agree with the whole jesus throwing a fit thing. if i were jesus, i would throw a fit every day.

anyways, i'm going to go watch resident evil: apocalypse (again) and then maybe ocean's 11. thanksgiving is so boring... you have to wait hours just for one turkey. i want my turkey now.

Happy Thanksgiving!
stay fit,
rhea