Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Second Life


I just recently started playing Second Life. It's pretty fun. I first heard about it when I heard that someone made over a million dollars selling virtual stuff online. I was intrigued about making money playing video games, so I tried it out. It's an online 3D virtual world where you can pretty much do anything you want just like in real life. It's fun exploring different places. You can also fly like Superman, which is cool.

I'm addicted to video games so much that I had to try it, especially since Sarah won't let me get the Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii.

Some people are really into it and have their own businesses. They make and sell stuff online. Right now, I'm just a noobie.

Here's a snapshot of me at a cool club. I felt and looked out of place here.

I think I need a faster internet connection or better computer, because I was experiencing a lot of lag and some images took awhile to load. Otherwise, it's fun to play.

I got kicked out for running around without my clothes once, so find out what the rules are before you go au natural. I thought it would be funny, but apparently others didn't think so.

You can play with me online by adding me as your friend. My character's name is DarthDavid Kit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Years ago, there was a virtual real world game like this. You could always tell the newbies. They'd wander around as a penguin exploring. I could never start playing Second Life (I get too addicted).

I was wondering why you were in the buff! LOL

andy said...

I tried second life once. kind of flew around and chatted. I didnt get it. money part sounds interesting.

if you put some clothes on i will hang with you. Not literally hang with you.

David Kim said...

MiYon,

You should try it. It's fun. Be sure not to ignore your First Life though if you play it.

Andy,

Yeah, it'd be cool to hang out with you in the virtual world. Let's play.



I just got a funny email comparing my Second Life club event to my First Life event at Andy's office party last Christmas. I started breakdancing at Andy's party and everyone was like "amazed".

Check it out in the December 2005 archives.