Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bless me, reverend

Bless me reverend, for I have sinned. I have been with a woman of questionable virtue.

The reverend asks, “Is that you, Christopher Lee?"

Yes, reverend it is.

And who was the woman you were with?

I can’t tell you, reverend. I don’t want to ruin her reputation.

Well, Chris, I’m sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you might as well tell me now. Was it Cindy Park?

I cannot say.

Was it Grace Lee?

I’ll never tell.

Was it Jennifer Kim?

I’m sorry but I cannot name her.

Was it Susan Oh?

My lips are sealed.

Was it Michelle Choi?

Please, reverend, I cannot tell you.

The minister sighs in frustration. You’re very tight lipped, Chris and I admire that. But you’ve sinned and have to atone. You cannot attend church services for 4 months.

Now you go and behave yourself.

Chris walks back to his seat at church, and his friend Matthew slides over and whispers, “What kind of punishment did the minister give you?”

“Four months vacation and five good leads. . .”

No comments: