Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa Monica Turkey Trot

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I went to run the Santa Monica Wobble Gobble 5K Turkey Trot.

I ran pretty fast in the beginning, but after I hit the first mile marker, I started feeling really bad. I ate too much food right before the race. The race started late so I just kept on eating more snacks and drinks until it started. That was a really bad idea. My insides felt like they were about to explode while I was running. I started feeling sick. I had to slow down a lot. All those people I passed in the beginning started passing me back. Even old grandmas and little kids started passing me. Those were fast little kids!

I was able to still finish in 26 minutes. I wanted to finish in 24 minutes. Oh well, there's another race coming up soon. I was going to do a 10K, but I have way too many things to do. Even Saturdays are busy because I help Sarah at the pharmacy.

No comments: