Monday, July 16, 2007

Biking Along the Beach

This past Saturday, Andy and I rode from Pacific Palisades to Redondo Beach. It was an awesome ride. I highly recommend it to road bikers and anyone who wants to have a fun time getting some exercise. The bike path runs all the way from Santa Monica to the end of Redondo Beach. Around Marina del Rey, we kinda got lost trying to find our way around the marina. I got a flat tire in the middle of nowhere. A tiny metal shard went into the tire. It was a like a nano-shard. There was no way to avoid it. It's like a perfect sabotage weapon against cyclists. Fortunately, Andy was able to pull it out using his teeth. We had a good seafood combo plate lunch at the Redondo Beach Pier. There was this one maniac professional rollerblader who was going 20 mph. He passed Andy. I waited for Andy, and so he passed me too. I think Andy was too distracted by all the girls in bikinis. Our total trip was over 46 miles. Next time, I want to bike to the beach and do the whole trip really fast. I have to start training for the triathlon, you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using his teeth? Now that's a friend.

It's like the tiny ass rock that hits your windshield. Starts as a barely noticeable crack to a split down the entire length of the glass.