Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fargo Street Hill Climb

Photobucket


Check out the video clip from Time Warner cable about the annual Fargo Street Hill Climb.

http://www.lawheelmen.org/fargo09_timewarner.mov

You can see me mountain biking up the hill for a couple of seconds.

I just climbed up a couple of times, because I had to hurry back to church to teach Bible Study.

I climbed all of the hills on Fargo Street last year on my time trial bike to train for this. On my very high geared time trial/triathlon bike, it was very tough climbing up. I had to give it my all and fell several times. It's very tricky to switch back while riding up.

On my mountain bike, it was pretty easy. I put it on the lowest gear, but I think it was too low. I was spinning pretty fast and that caused my breathing to rocket sky high. I should put it on the second to lowest gear next time.

I hope to climb this hill several times next year.

No comments: