Monday, September 08, 2008

Young Nak Cycling


On Saturday, I biked to Encino, which is 30 miles away from my place. I left before 5:00 a.m. and got there shortly before 7:00 a.m. Then, I met up with the Young Nak Cycling Team to train for our San Diego ride, which has been postponed to Saturday, October 4. We'll be meeting in Long Beach and then bike down to Mission Bay in San Diego, which will be 100 miles. I'll be biking to Long Beach in the early morning to get to Long Beach. That will be at least another 30 miles for me. I want to bike to San Diego and then bike back to L.A., but I don't think I'll be doing that without any bike support.

We had a great scenic ride in and around Encino, but we were plagued by flat tires. Yun Hui got her tired shredded by a piece of glass. We thought we patched it up by placing a dollar bill underneath the sidewall. It worked for a few miles, but her tire soon got another flat. I got a flat tire too when I went over a pothole going over 35+ mph downhill.

We went around San Fernando Valley, Porter Ranch, and Palisades Park among other places.

Then, we had a great lunch at More than Waffles restaurant.

After that, I biked again to church for a 5:00 p.m. meeting. We had to decorate and prepare for the official first day of the new sunday school year.

I should not have biked over 100 miles right before the triathlon on Sunday. I just did it because I love biking so much. Next time, I won't do that, because I was super-tired.

Pictured here is Joel and the Young Nak Cycling crew fixing Yun Hui's tire.

No comments: