Thursday, July 07, 2005

Philly

I just came back from Philly as part of my job. I'm back at the LA office. I haven't had much time to settle down and take care of my stuff like my blog in a long time. Lately, I've been biking to work. I stuff my backpack with my change of clothes and my lunch. It's almost 10 miles from my house to work. I like biking to work, because it gives me a good workout. This way, I can get my exercise done at the same time that I commute. That's Korean efficiency. I used to bike to church when I was in San Diego. That was a 20 mile ride from my place to church.

Anyway, I had fun in Philly. I didn't have much time to sightsee much. Some of my co-workers and I went to Philly at night to check it out. We went to South Street and had dinner there for awhile. Then, we went to the Continental to have a few drinks. I took some pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take my digital camera. I'm going to scan the pictures once I develop the film. I still have quite a few shots left on my camera at this point though. I'm planning on taking more pictures once I go to my next travel destination for work. I pretty much find out last minute.

I had a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. They call them Hoagies there.

Philly is really beautiful and green there. They had bad freeway signs though. We got lost going to work every single day. Unlike, California where the freeway sign is there to let you know what freeway you're on like the 10 for instance, in Pennsylvania, they have the upcoming freeway signs. If you're new to the area, you wouldn't know which lane to be in to stay on the freeway you're on.

We stayed at the Hilton Valley Lodge in King of Prussia. I'm sorry to say that that Hilton needs some renovating. The King of Prussia mall was nice. It's huge. They often had 2 or 3 of the same stores because the mall was so big. Actually, I think it was 3 big malls right next to each other. The malls had every good store there.

That's it for now. I'm really tired because I haven't been sleeping much since I started working. I have to get up early tomorrow to bike to work.

1 comment:

jisuny said...

hey david....sounds like you had fun! continental....i have been there too...food was okay...don't know about he drinks....so, you enjoyed some hogies and cheese steaks? glad you go the whole philly experience! king of prussia is an awesome mall...still have not see the whole thing yet!
philly does have nice trees...it is eerie when they are all bare and brown in the winter!!