Monday, October 05, 2009

L.A. Triathlon and L.A. Heartwalk

I did the bike portion of the L.A. Triathlon on Sunday.

Am I the only fool that bikes to the bike races? I biked 28 miles in 1 hr and 30 min to get to the race that started in Venice Beach. Just waking up early to ride on the closed-off road course was worth it. It was a cyclist's dream: no cars (almost), blocked off intersections, and not having to stop at intersections. It was a major pain in the ass for most of the people at church since the road to church was blocked off.

I did the 24 mile bike race in 1 hr 22 min. That's not too bad since I biked 28 miles to get there. I felt my legs getting sore after I tried to pedal hard.

Then, I hurried to get to church to teach Sunday School.

On Saturday, I did the L.A. Heartwalk in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl. It was only a 5-walk. I did get a lot of goodies afterward though. Unlike the other events I went to on Sunday mornings, I got to spend some time at the celebrations afterward. I usually have to take off to church right after I finish so I don't really get to hang out and enjoy the finish line festivities. Sometimes, I have to take off early if I'm running too late.

No comments: