Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Midnight Ridazz Wolfpack

Midnight Ridazz Wolfpack

I went on the Wolfpack ride this Monday at 10:00 p.m. This is a very fast paced race-like ride through the streets of L.A. in the middle of the night.

I took a picture here with Steph from the Team Midnight Ridazz ALC. There are more pictures linked to my photobucket account if you click on the photo.

We rode almost 50 miles that night. Unfortunately, about 20 minutes into the ride, one of the riders got hit by a car. That's what happens during these fast paced rides. Some cops, firetrucks, and ambulances came to the scene. He got taken away by ambulance to a hospital since he had a lump on his head and was bleeding even though he had his helmet on. I think he'll be okay though.

There were over 30 riders that night. The ride was still fast since there was John, the California State road bike champion who regularly attends along with some other racers. This time, the ride was a little easier to finish since there weren't as many turns as our last ride. I think everyone was able to make it to all the checkpoints. Last time, I had to frantically keep up with someone who knew the directions to the next scheduled stop. If I didn't I wouldn't have been able to finish the ride.

We rode from Hollywood to Westwood. Well, we did have an unscheduled stop due to the unfortunate bike accident one of our riders went through. After he was taken away by ambulance, we kept on going to our next stop in Westwood. Then we rode over to the Venice Beach pier, went to the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown, and then back to the doughnut shop on Sunset Boulevard.

We finished at around 1:30 a.m. I had to bike back another 18 miles back home. I got home around 2:30 a.m. Then, I had to shower and make lunch for Sarah and me for the next day. By the way, washing dishes and making lunch takes a long time. I wish I could find ways to cut down on cooking time. I finally went to sleep after 4:00 a.m.

I totaled 92 miles on Monday after a full day of work, volunteering at church to help prepare for VBS, the Wolfpack ride, and 2 hours of sleep.

Maybe next time I'm going to leave the Wolfpack ride a little earlier. It's way past my bedtime. I was a little concerned about how I'd do on Monday's ride since I've been putting a lot of miles on my legs recently. I was already sore before the ride. After riding with other people, it was so fun I kept going. I already feel faster since I started riding with the Wolfpack.

2 comments:

Billy said...

You are so dedicated! It must be our culture. In fact, I know it is. I love reading about your bike trips and how you take care of Sarah. Good husband!

David Kim said...

Abbagirl,

Thanks. Be sure to check out my facebook page since I'm on that more than blogger nowadays.