Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Biking to San Diego


This past Saturday, I went with the Young Nak Cycling Team to San Diego. Personally, I think it was the most fun road bike ride ever. Cycling along the coast for 100 miles was really fun and the views were breathtaking. The YNC team had great support along the way. They had snacks, lunch, and dinner stops. There were 15 riders total. It was a charity ride raising money for the community around Young Nak Church. I'd totally like to ride there again. Sorry for the lack of updates these past few weeks, but I've been working non-stop. Some days I didn't even sleep. It was the toughest few weeks ever for me in terms of lack of sleep. I seemed to have gotten used to surviving on 3 hours of sleep a day. Other days were worse than some though.

Last Thursday, the Young Nak Cycling team had a carbo-load dinner at the Olive Garden to get ready for the ride to San Diego.

The riders were Joel, Joshua, Phil, Michelle, Yun Hui, Brian, George, Kirk, Tallis, John, Ken, Steve, John, Jay, and me. We also had delicious Hodad's $12 hamburgers at the end of the ride in Mission Bay, San Diego. I wish I took better pictures along the way, but I was biking too fast to be taking pictures.

Next time, I want to bike to San Diego and back to Los Angeles. That will make it over 265 miles round trip for me. I will have to make sure I bring enough drinks, money for food, and know the directions back home without getting lost at night. I'll also have to make it back to church at 7:00 a.m. the next day. Now that will be a challenge.

Sorry my post is all over the place. As you can tell, I don't like editing my posts. I just like recording my thoughts as fast as possible and then moving on to the next thing in my life. Although, I probably should work on my editing skills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a happy biking team!
:-D)

Please get some sleep. Life's no fun when you're tired...

David Kim said...

Lois,

Yeah, we had a blast biking from Long Beach to San Diego.

I'll try to get some sleep, but some jobs just don't want me to sleep.