Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Watching UFC at Hooters

On Saturday, May 26, 2007, Chris, Thomas, Jane, Josh, and I went to Hooters in Burbank to watch the UFC fight. Josh and I got there around 5:30 but we still weren't able to get seats. We should have gotten the patio seats, but we thought we could get a table inside since we got there so early. Apparently, there were tons of other people who had the same idea. At around 7:00, we were about third in line, but since no one was leaving, we weren't able to get in. I knew we were in trouble when I saw guys with UFC t-shirts on sitting inside. . . We had to watch it from outside.

Regarding the main event, what happened to Chuck Liddell's comeback? I thought he was supposed to avenge himself since he was able to avenge himself twice before. I guess Rampage Jackson's punches were just too hard. Liddell went down with just one sucker punch and then he got pounded on for a few seconds before the ref called the match over. Liddell was telling his coach, "What happened?" Man, what a disappointing match.

I plan on setting up a UFC-type wrestling match with all my friends. I think that will be a lot more fun than watching UFC on tv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, not as cool as going to see the UFC (damn, I envy you), but I took my kids to see Shrek the Third on opening weekend. Got there 20 minutes early only to end up 2nd the last in the front row, watching the entire movie with my neck cocked at an uncomfortable, contortionist-type angle for an hour and 45 minutes.

The Iceman lost? Too bad. I want to cry. I'm waiting for Franklin's comeback.