Friday, March 16, 2007

Starbucks Has Too Much Caffeine

I drank too tall cups of Starbucks coffee yesterday and I was totally wired all day and all night long. I couldn't even sleep. I kept tossing and turning in bed. After midnight I decided that I had had enough and I just went to work after that. I biked to work and got there at around 1:30 am. It was a little bit foggy, but there weren't too many cars. I took a different route than my usual. I took First Street, but that sucked because there was too much construction and the roads sucked.

I finally started getting really tired after sunrise. It's weird how my body naturally gets sleepy when the sun comes up. I'm kinda like a vampire that way. Plus the fact that I have sun and heat allergies make me even more so. I need to stay away from the sun as much as possible if I can help it.

I was so tired I kept drinking even more coffee to keep me awake. It's funny how I had to drink the substance which put me in this problem in the first place. One of my coworkers said that Starbucks has about four times the amount of caffeine than other coffee. He said don't be surprised if Starbucks gets sued for something like this. I wouldn't be considering how people sue McDonald's for having too much fat in the burgers these days.

I was so tired and absent-minded I forgot to bring my camera for the St. Patrick's Day parade in Downtown Los Angeles. I met a former co-worker at Pershing Square. It was nice seeing her again. A bird almost pooped on me while I was talking with her. I saw bird poop land inches away from me. I kinda felt some wet mist too.

When I was biking home, I was doing a track stand at the intersection waiting for the light to turn green. One young lady yelled out her car, "You've got an awesome talent!" After hearing that, I felt really good.

I'm getting less honks from cars on my time trial bike than when I was riding my mountain bike. Maybe, it's because I'm going faster or maybe I'm cycling so crazy that cars are watching out for me. Either way, the less honks the better for my bike rage syndrome. I've still had several close calls when cars and buses come within inches of hitting me from the side. Can't drivers give cyclists some room? Is it so hard to brake, slow down, and pass while giving bicyclists enough room on the road? Do drivers feel that they can just zoom past us like bikers don't belong on the road or something? Aside from that accident caused by that stupid bus driver last week, cycling has been better on my road bike than on my mountain bike in general. Knock on wood. Amazingly, I haven't had any flats while commuting either. I thought I'd be getting a whole bunch more compared to when I was riding my mountain bike. I got like a flat once a week riding, because of all those nails and glass on the side of the road. Maybe, it's because my road bike tires are blade thin, they pick up less nails and glass.

No comments: