Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Australia Wants Me

I just got an email from someone regarding my longboarding videos. I feel honored that my skateboarding videos impressed a film maker enough to want to put them on his new tv show.

In his email he writes, "I want your longboard video[s] for our TV show (and any other good skate footage)

"My name is Sean Caveny and I’m the Co-Creator of the Australain [sic] Television show called “sk82death”. We are currently looking for skateboarding footage to fill our 3rd season.
sk82death (skate to death) has just finished its second season and has been the highest rating show on channel 31 Melbourne since our first episode. The show is also doing very well on TVS Sydney, Access 31 Perth and Adelaide and Bush Vision in South Australia, Recently winning the 2006 Antennae for best Camerawork, an estimated 1 million people watched season 2.
Season 3 will be streamed online internationally.
As I mentioned we are looking for footage to use in season 3. This presents a great opportunity for companies of ANY size to promote themselves and their product via their team riders. . .Sk82death often features montages of random mixed skating and amusing incidents, we’ll consider using anything dangerous, funny or disgusting."

I guess my videos can be described as "dangerous, funny or disgusting."

I haven't been terrorizing the streets on my skateboard in awhile. I guess I should make more bomb runs down hills again. I must do it for my fans in Australia.

Here's an example of one of my longboarding videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av-Xd_qAUD8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched part of the video. Too scary for me! But, hey, that's cool that an Australian show wants your footage!