Friday, October 21, 2005

Euro-English

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
English will be the official language of the European Union rather than
German, which was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5-year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly,
this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when
the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make
words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be
expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.
Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which
have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil
agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is
disgrasful and it should go away. By the 4th yer people wil be
reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with
"v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords
kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten
styl. Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil
find it ezi tu understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil
finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey
vunted in ze forst
plas.

Submitted by A.M.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David Kim. I am constantly on the lookout for more information about water related posts. I know Euro-English isn't totally related to my site BATH WATER FILTER.COM,but you have great information. Keep up the great posts and I'll stop by again.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog David Kim and the info you have. I am constantly on the lookout for more info on
DRINKING WATER PARASITES.COM

Anonymous said...

Great blog David Kim. I'm glad I stopped for a moment to read what you have to say :-)

BATH WATER FILTER.COM

Anonymous said...

Although I was searching for information for BATH BALL FILTER.COM, I ended up staying for a while. You have a great blog David Kim. Keep it up.

David Kim said...

Thanks for the nice comments about my blog, but please don't leave your crappy advertisements on my comments section. Otherwise I'mma have to come and get you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great info David Kim. I'm glad I stopped by for a while. I am searching for related information for BATH BALL FILTER.COM and found your blog. Euro-English makes a good read and I'll look forward to seeing more posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi, David Kim I've just started looking for more information for
REPLACEMENT SHOWER FILTER.COM
and arrived here. OK, so Euro-English isn't an exact fit, but I do love the great info in your blog. Great post - looking forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

Hi David Kim, Cool Blog. It isn't quite related to the info I am looking for, but it makes for an interesting read. I see why I found your page when I was looking for DRINKING WATER PARASITES.COM related information. I'll have to bookmark Euro-English for now and I will be back to read some more.

Anonymous said...

Hi David Kim, Cool Blog. It isn't quite related to the info I am looking for, but it makes for an interesting read. I see why I found your page when I was looking for related information. I'll have to bookmark Euro-English for now and I will be back to read some more.