Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Jury Duty

I had to go to jury duty yesterday. What a drag! I don't even get paid for jury duty so that sucked. Fortunately, I wasn't called to be on a jury panel. Last time I went I had to wait until the third day just to be excused. That was only a year and a half ago. Man! Why do they keep asking me to serve as a juror so often?! I seem to be called way too often. My odds are really good that I'll be called again after one year. Why don't I ever win the lotto? Oh yeah. I have to buy a ticket.

When I was going through the metal detectors at the criminal courthouse building in downtown LA, one of the security people stopped me. Of course, I didn't bring my guns or knives and emptied my pockets, but she thought that I still had something in my pocket. She checked but she found nothing. I said, "It's just my bulging muscles." She just smirked with the "yeah, right" look.

No comments: