Monday, August 29, 2005

Zoom Zoom Live

On Saturday, Sarah and I had dinner with her family. We went to this sushi place and spent about $200. Geez! The waitress said that the soju was free. So, I kept downing them. Unfortunately, she meant only the first bottle was free. Dang it! If I knew that I wouldn't have kept ordering more. I kinda got a little bit tipsy. I remember when I could drink 4 bottles of Soju and 8 bottles of beer in one night when I went to Korea for my summer abroad program during law school. Since I didn't drink any alcohol for so long, just a couple of bottles got me drunk. I had a big hangover the next morning at church.

After church, my friend, Andy Nagai, picked me up at church and we went to Mazda's Zoom Zoom Live Driving Event. Even though I felt like puking at church, once I was there, my hangover was gone because of all the adrenaline that rushed through my body. We got to race the new Miatas around a small test track at the Pomona Fairplex. It was like autocrossing. The target time was 36 seconds and I got 37 seconds. I drove like a maniac. I had my foot on the gas the whole time and my tires were screaching all over the place. I would have had a better time if I didn't drive so crazy. But, I just wanted to have fun. I almost lost control of the car a few times, because I gave it too much gas. It was fun, 'cuz I was the loudest one on the track.

We also drove the RX-8's, but that course had instructors sitting in the passenger seat. The instructor kept yelling, "Brake! Brake! Brake!" at me the whole time. He ruined my fun. I wanted to tell him, "Shut the hell up and close your eyes."

Andy drove like a grandma on some tracks. Why'd he drive so slow? He started driving faster later on when we drove the Mazda 6. I drove the Mazda 5 also. It's like a mini mini-van. That was the best handling mini-van I've ever driven. It was much better than the old Aerostar my parents used to have.

It was pretty hot there and they only had warm water. The food wasn't that good either. I'm planning on going to the Lexus driving event. I hear that they are going to have gourmet food there. It's all part of their Lexus lifestyle marketing plan.

We wanted to race again, but the lines were so long that we got too tired. We went to the Mazda Zoom Zoom Live driving event and all we got were a couple of stupid t-shirts.

No comments: