Friday, August 12, 2005

A day in the life of David Kim

Okay, it's been awhile since I wrote a real blog. The truth is Sarah doesn't want me writing too much about our private lives. So, I've been holding back a little bit. (More censorship!)

I've been biking to work and it's awesome. I think everybody should bike everywhere like me. It will really make the world a better place. There will be less pollution, less traffic, and healthier people. When you're healthier, you're happier. When you're happier, you're nicer. That niceness will spread across the land if everyone biked.

Sometimes, I do get bike rage when cars honk at me or cut me off or almost sideswipe me. I catch up to cars at the stop light and curse the hell out of them. I'm biking over 30 miles an hour at times. I'm beginning to bike faster and faster. Nearly everyday, I'm breaking my record to and from work. I had another record breaker today. It took me 33 minutes from the time I got on my bike to the time I got off. The distance is 9.6 miles. The first time I rode to work, it took me nearly 50 minutes. If I keep improving at this pace, I could bike in the Tour de France.

After work, I go swimming for awhile. Then, I go jogging with Sarah sometimes. If we get kids, I'm going to have my whole family compete in triathalons, including Sarah. We need to go on a diet, by the way. We eat like kings at home. Or maybe pigs. Or kings of pigs. Exercise has become really important to me now that I'm older. Since I reached 31, I definitely noticed that I'm not in as good shape as I was in my teens or in my 20s. I thought my 30s were going to be just my extended 20's. I was wrong. I'm not Peter Pan. Dang it!

Today, August 12, is my mom's birthday. We're going to go out and celebrate tonight.

August 21 is my wife, Sarah's, birthday. I'm trying to think of some cool ideas to celebrate her birthday. What should we do? What should I buy her?

No comments: