Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rules to Live By

Rules to Live By (Submitted by A. M.)

I try to live by these rules all the time.

Sometimes we need to remember WHAT the Rules of life really are.

1. Never give yourself a haircut after three alcoholic beverages of any kind.

2. You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape.?If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are "I apologize" and "You are right".

4. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

5. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm. (Whatever the hell that means. It sounds like a sage saying though.)



6. The only really good advice that your mother ever gave you was: "Go! You might meet somebody!"

7. If he/she says that you are too good for him/her believe them.

8. Learn to pick your battles. Ask yourself, Will this matter one year from now? How about one month??One week??One day! ?

9. Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

10. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!

11. Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.

12. Work is good, but it's not that important.

13. And finally, be really nice to your friends and family. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.

Here are some of my own rules:

14. Be nice to waiters. I always treat them kindly. Some people don't. Those waiters can spit in your food or do other nasty stuff to it.

15. Get the hell out of the fastlane if you're in my way.

16. Don't honk your horn at me. I get roadrage.

17. Don't sweat the small stuff. And everything's small stuff.

I've got some more, but I can't think of them right now. I always follow rule #12. Let me know if you have any other good rules to live by.

Also, submit other stuff to me that you want to share. I'll post them up if it meets my approval. Don't worry. I'm not that picky.

May the Force be with you, G.



I've decided to put a whole bunch of animated smileys just for fun. I think it brings more life and action to my site. I am planning on posting audio files once I get it working. Computers are a love/hate thing...you love what they can do, but you hate it when they don't work.

I can't wait until I can post up videos to my site. That will be totally awesome, dude! Hopefully.

No comments: